Ergonomics is one of the hottest topics in workers’ comp and disability management these days, mainly because it works. That’s why Workplace Ergonomics Poster* have become such a hot topic, providing employees with simple and easy to use instructions on how to best use ergonomics when doing their individual jobs.
Ergonomics and a Workplace Ergonomics Poster* work pretty simply. Basically, what ergonomics comes down to is how to best position your body—from your head and neck to your wrists and fingers—when doing a particular task. Take typing at a keyboard for instance. Based on ergonomics, employees can learn how to keep their back straight and their wrists and hands positioned in a certain way to minimize their chances of getting a bad back or repetitive stress injuries in their hands from bad posture and poor typing skills.
The Workplace Ergonomics Poster* can also work for manual labor professions, such as a cargo handler at an airport or a box lifter at a warehouse. Ergonomics here can teach employees how to lift with their legs, not their back, and how to keep their back perpendicular to the ground when lifting items off the ground.
The costs of a Workplace Ergonomics Poster* can pay off in huge dividends down the road, if you think about it. Disability and workers’ comp payments could be cut if you don’t have any many employees throwing out their backs, or taking sick days off because of aches and pains in their body. Over the long haul, too, you can expect employees to be healthier and happier, perhaps even increasing your percentage of employees that stay with your company over time.
And then there are the invaluable benefits. A Workplace Ergonomics Poster* can show employees that you care enough about them to make sure they don’t get hurt. That can boost morale, which can boost productivity.
Last 10 posts by Mark
- North Carolina Federal Minimum Wage Alert - June 11th, 2007
- New York Federal Minimum Wage Alert - June 11th, 2007
- Arizona Workers' Comp Compromise - June 11th, 2007
- New Mexico Federal Minimum Wage Alert - June 10th, 2007
- New Jersey Federal Minimum Wage Alert - June 10th, 2007
- Maine Leaving Wage Law Not Leaving - June 10th, 2007
- New York Family Leave Law Leaving? - June 10th, 2007
- New Hampshire Federal Minimum Wage Alert - June 10th, 2007
- Whistleblower Protection Changes - June 10th, 2007
- Discrimination Law Suits Legal Case - June 10th, 2007